[Xerte-dev] Re: Xerte editor closes if you add a setup script to the Learning Object icon

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 11:25:39 GMT 2012

Try this one please.

From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Kemp Johnathan
Sent: 20 February 2012 22:51
To: Xerte Developers Discussion List
Subject: [Xerte-dev] Xerte editor closes if you add a setup script to the Learning Object icon

I've been doing some tests as part of establishing a standard pagetemplate.rlo file for the new version of the xerte editor that handles individual page templates..

However I have hit a problem. I want to include one or more set up scripts as children of the Learning Object.

If you add a setup script then this breaks the process of adding a new page. The folder for the page is created in the "pages" folder and the xwd and xml files are created in the page's folder. However the insertion of the page model file into the project fails. This means that if you select "Yes" when the "Open the wizard" prompt is displayed then Xerte collapses to the task bar and won't open again.

If you then close down Xerte and then re-open the project the project behaves correctly until you try adding another page.