[Xerte-dev] Re: navigating to page name

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 20 16:52:37 GMT 2012

Re the back button, I would have thought that swapping the current back
button to use goBack() instead of prevPage() would work.

I’d like to nail down a target date for some new builds: maybe 6 weeks time?

I have just about finished work on preparing the xwds and rlms though there
are still a few loose ends. The big one is that at present we still cannot
take the name property from the xml and assign it to the title property of
the page icon. You mentioned in a different thread the possibility of
having an event to ensure all the xml had loaded I think.

The problem as I recall it was that by the time you could access the name
property from the xml the page icons current title had already been
processed. so that you ended up with the first page showing undefined and
the second page showing the title for the first page.

I have also noticed the additional form that is available in pageTemplates
offering glossary etc.

A while ago I did some work developing a form that allow you to set most of
the properties for a project. At the time I used it as a separate wizard
that generated an xml file that I then had code in template.rlt process. I
uploaded examples to the svn in the  templates folder see Xerte Layout
Wizard.xtp which is the wizard that generates the xml and Page Templates
(layout support).xtp that is a page templates project that consumes the xml
data from the layout wizard.

Now that I have seen how you have implemented the form for the learning
object I intend to have a go at enhancing it to cover as many layout
settings as possible.

Do you have a preference regarding the use of style sheets? There are
currently a few colour properties that can only be set by a style sheet. So
in practice everything else could be set from the form, or would you rather
keep all colours in the style sheet?