[Xerte-dev] Re: Update on status of some pages

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 09:59:35 GMT 2012

Google map still works, but returns the wrong image: I don't have inof in the url to use the jpg API call to get a still image, so we should probably just replace it with a default image of a prototypical map, or the google mpas logo, or something. When you click on it, it still launches the map OK.

In time, I have a Mapstraction page which will do better things: what's there will not change as it's the basis of things, BUT I am involved in that project for the next six months, and we may do more with it - I'd leave it for now. One thing they have mentioned is some sort of visual map editor for getting the initial map setup - lat and lng are not friendly to find / use / type.

Google translation is dead. Nothing we can do about that.

Youtube video seems to have some difficult to replicate issues. Sometimes it seems to work OK, sometimes not. Good thing to test is Nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_560 which ought to have every template's latest code behind it. Today it appears to be working, but took a while to load. In September this year, Google will retire the ASS2 API for youtube, so we will HAVE to go to an embed page or some other alternative. It might be worth doing that sooner rather than later.

Cheers.