[Xerte-dev] Re: odd problem after upgrade to 1.9

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 09:21:23 GMT 2012

Hi Pat

I've not had any problems dropping updates over the top before unless of
course the update has bugs but obviously it's always advisable to backup
database and directories just in case.

On this occasion it seems your first hunch was correct - some kind of cache
at play - because this morning creating new projects is working fine without
any changes.

As I mentioned I had already cleared browser cache and tried different
browsers and restarted Apache so perhaps there's some kind of proxy cache in
play that has now cleared. Or perhaps a server setting which isn't affected
by restarting Apache.  The person at the college who would know about proxy
etc is on leave now so I can't check until January. But at least it's
working now!

Cheers

Ron