[Xerte-dev] Re: Current Issues

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 21:11:57 GMT 2012

Hi all

A question or two...

Anyone made any progress tracking down the issue with the xampp copy I
shared?

I've been testing further on xampp with both svn code and the zip. If the
problem is zend/locale/language related does any of that persist after
shutting down xampp and restarting?

What's bizarre with all this is that there hasn't been a problem until last
week, there's been no changes to the moodle installations I've been testing
with, 1.7 installs with moodle integration regardless of version still work
fine and yet I've tested with both 1.8 zip and svn reverted back to
September, new and upgraded installs and with a moodle 1.9 integrated the
problem is consistent. Could there be a data/time string issue that hasn't
therefore materialised until now?

When a moodle session is created it's written to a sessions folder in the
moodledata folder. Here's an example from both Moodle 1.9 and Moodle 2.2.
This is what's generated after a refresh with the integration path changed
from 1.9 to 2.2. With these tests the 1.9 integration has the problem the
2.2 integration doesn't.

moodle19 session

SESSION|O:6:"object":2:{s:12:"session_test";s:10:"DPzy199tQD";s:13:"has_time
d_out";b:1;}USER|O:6:"object":1:{s:2:"id";i:0;}toolkits_language|s:5:"en-GB"
;toolkits_firstname|s:5:"Guest";toolkits_surname|s:4:"User";toolkits_logon_u
sername|s:6:"guest2";toolkits_logon_id|s:1:"3";

moodle 2 session

SESSION|O:8:"stdClass":0:{}USER|O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:2:"id";i:0;s:10:"mnethos
tid";s:1:"3";s:7:"sesskey";s:10:"uCuCErTpVD";}toolkits_language|s:5:"en-GB";
toolkits_firstname|s:5:"Guest";toolkits_surname|s:4:"User";toolkits_logon_us
ername|s:6:"guest2";toolkits_logon_id|s:1:"3";sort_type|s:9:"date_down";

Does any of this shed any light?

Cheers

Ron