[Xerte-dev] Re: Current Issues

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 11:06:42 GMT 2012

Hi John/all
Here's a link to a copy of xampp with this issue replicated http://vle.jisctechdis.ac.uk/xampp.zip

It's about 308MB so depending on your connection speed may take a while to download. I'll leave it in place for a day or so.

Extract the zip to the root of a drive or USB e.g. so that you have something like G:\xampp
Then run G:\xampp\xampp-control.exe
On the landing page at http://localhost/xampp/ you'll find links and account details for Moodle 1.9 | Moodle 2 | Mahara 1.4 | Xerte Online Toolkits 1.9beta

The xot install is inside the moodle directory e.g. http://localhost/moodle/xerte but at the moment is configured as guest access

In the sitedetails table the integration_config_path is currently set to /xampp/htdocs/moodle19/config.php so it's pointing to a 1.9 moodle install and will exhibit the main problem of not being able to create new projects, clearing the workspace etc etc

Try creating a new project to see this.

If you then use phpmyadmin to change the integration_config_path to /xampp/htdocs/moodle/config.php which is moodle 2.3 and refresh you should find that all works ok

Change back to xampp/htdocs/moodle19/config.php refresh and the problem will re-occur

HTH