[Xerte-dev] Re: 1.9 SVN

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 20:56:22 GMT 2012

Hi Pat

thanks for testing.

Trunk or 1.9?

Were you testing on xampp? As I mentioned in previous messages I thought I
was able to reproduce the problem on xampp but then after a restart found I
couldn't.

However I've been testing on a different linux server and have the same
problem there too.

So what I've found so far:

I've been using trunk

On a Ubuntu server and a Centos server both work fine with guest access set
until moodle config.php is added to integration path.

In these conditions when creating a new project the editor opens but the
workspace clears. The projects is actually created in user-files with
correct username e.g. 3-guest2-Nottingham but doesn't appear in the
workspace after refresh because the templaterights folder value isn't set
correctly. If I set the folder value correctly and refresh the project
appears and is editable.

Deleting projects, moving projects, creating folders etc all work but also
clears the workspace until refreshed

On xampp everything is fine with and without a moodle config integration
path.

On the two linux servers I've been testing with 1.7 installations work fine
with moodle integration enabled.

On the techdis server we were using to test during 1.8 developments all was
fine until the svn update I applied on 28th Nov or at least around that
time. I've since tried reverting a local copy of svn to specific revisions
but so far without success.

I've tried loads of die("got here"); etc but simply can't find why or where
the folder value isn't getting created correctly.

Does anyone else have the ability to test on a nix server with Moodle
integration enabled?

Cheers

Ron