[Xerte-dev] upgrading and ldap

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 18:29:15 BST 2012

Hi all

I had a chance to test an upgrade to 1.8 of a previous 1.7 install which
uses ldap today. The previous and working install had the ldap values in
site details rather than the separate ldap table.

Upgrade process:

drop code over top

this then defaults to guest access but useful for checking the basics work

change from guest to ldap in config.php by commenting/un-commenting the
relevant line

refresh index.php and try to login via ldap

get error message LDAP servers not configured in DB

visit management.php and check - ldap details displayed but not saved to
ldap table in db - clearly coming from site-details

try running upgrade.php indicates nothing to upgrade

Questions:

1. what's the process for transferring the ldap details from site_details to
ldap table for an existing install?

In this case I can enter direct in the db but that's surely not the intended
method?

2. In the ldap table what typically goes in ldap_knowname?

Cheers