[Xerte-dev] Re: moodle integration

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 09:18:08 BST 2012

Hi David

thanks for your help with the new method of moodle integration. I've tested
this further and all seems fine. I've made a couple of additions but not
sure if these should be functions inside Moodle.php and just called from
config.php or where/how to make the displayed message part of the language
functionality. So rather than commit the changes I've attached the files
here. Can these be included?

lines 144 to 164 of config.php two separate bits of code to detect and
restrict moodle user access. !st is to restrict Moodle guest access and is
enabled, the 2nd is where a custom profile field can be used to limit access
and is commented out. Not sure if these should be functions in
library\xerte\Authentication\Moodle.php? Also not sure how to make the
restriction messages part of language settings?

Also not moodle specific but I've always thought useful: line 434 of
index.php display Logged in as firstname + lastname. Can we include this?
Not sure how to make the "Logged in as " bit part of language string.
(Screenshot below)

Cheers