[Xerte-dev] Re: Connector Pages

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 26 23:25:55 BST 2012

Hello Julian.

You've probably read my other post regarding "simple" v "intuitive".

Maybe we can include it in the distribution and link to it form the wizard

The document I attached is really intended as a tutorial and it covers
several pages. I hope people would find it useful, but I am not sure how
best to make it available to them.

What I would like to do is to create a help file in pdf format for each of
the new pages that has a standard format of giving a brief overview of the
page followed by a form by form, field by field guide to the page.

My hope is that it might be possible for someone to add a feature to the
xwd form that allows the author to open a pdf help file specified in the
xml that defines the xwd form.  I appreciate that it may not be technically
possible, or there may be other issues that make it either impractical or
 considered undesirable to do so. If pdf is deemed unsuitable I would be
open to suggestions. I just went for pdf as I can create them in Open
Office and I believe this feature has already been implemented with respect
to the use of the project help file.