[Xerte-dev] Re: Goal

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Wed Apr 25 10:53:13 BST 2012

Yes, I think we did. The only thing missing at the moment, and I am
working on that is a button in the management.php of XOT to
add/replace a page in one of the templates.

But, that was NOT the only reason to do this in my opinion. Now all
the model files are the same whether they are used in XOT or the Xerte
pagetemplates or as pageWizard, and we can translate them and maintain
them....

Having done all this, we now have the OPTION (not obligation) to add
the models Johnathan created to XOT (We don't have to, and a user can
do that him/herself through the management page.)

Also we still can create an visual clue that some of the pages require
a better understanding of the whol rpoject than just fill in the blanks.

The users we spoke top so far are  VERY enthousistic by all the
possibillities they now get from XOT and had to do in Xerte firts.

Also, and that was part of the goal as well, it is now easier for a
person not in the core team to create models and be able to
maintain/translate them without redoing all the tedious editing/adding
them to the general xwd's etc....

Tom