[Xerte-dev] Location of xwd and rlm files in the svn(s) plus any other shared files

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 20 10:46:33 BST 2012

Currently we have separate svns for Xerte and Toolkits.

Whilst developing the new model and xwd files I set up a pageWizards folder
in the root of the Xerte svn so that they could be developed parallel to
the existing models which were still in use.

Now we have come to a point where we are testing a beta release of Toolkits
that is based on these new models and xwds. Also a beta release of desktop
Xerte is imminent, which will also be using the same model and xwd files.
They will also share many other files e.g. thumbs, the "common" folder and
I also (?) the core files such as editor.swf, XMLengine.swf etc.

Would it not make sense for all the shared files to be kept in one location
so that we avoid a situation in which the various copies of the files that
currently exist get out of synch with each other? If the Toolkits release
is using earlier versions of swf files that have been modified in the
desktop Xerte then this is going to create anomalies during testing, since
the models were developed in the desktop environment.

Where then are we to keep them?

The testing of the XOT beta is raising the need to make some changes to xwd
files and possibly also some model files. I don't want to start making
these changes whilst there is ambiguity as to which set of files to work
from.

Personally I have no preference as to where they are kept. I think Tom may
have a view on this.

Currently there are copies of the new xwd and rlm files in

xerte svn / runtime/pages /
xerte svn / pageWizards/models (rlms) and pageWizards/en-gb (xwds)
XOT svn/ modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/models (rlms) and
wizards (xwds)