[Xerte-dev] offlist message with login details

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 11:17:32 BST 2012

Hi all

some of you should have received a message from me sent via mail merge with
access details to an XOT 1.8 beta test installation provided by JISC
Techdis.

If you haven't received that message or if there's a problem with the
details provided please let me know - possibly off-list if about credentials
etc.

JISC Techdis have been working with Julian and the team at Nottingham to
ensure the new releases of Xerte and XOT contain a number of accessibility
improvements and in particular to ensure the accessibility and usability of
XOT is maintained and where relevant improved in the new release. Not all of
these developments are in place yet but this collaboration should also help
to ensure testing and fixing is consistent if we are all able to test using
the same live beta installation - at least until we are ready for wider
testing.

This installation contains all the latest code and files from the XOT svn as
of 17.04.12 10.30am and will be kept up-to-date whenever there are
significant changes or as we work through testing and fixing etc. Obviously
the Moodle authentication integration is in place but that's the only
variation from the current XOT svn code.

My understanding is that issues should be raised and tracked via the Google
code site but I guess general discussion is best placed here on this list
for now.

HTH