[Xerte-dev] Preparation of XOT and Xerte test installs

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 3 12:03:58 BST 2012

Ron is ready to set up a test server, I have some model and xwd files and
thumbnails that are ready for use but there a re a few things I am not sure
about. I am posting this to the developer list so that the communication is
shared with all parties who are helping to put this new development on the
road.

   1. With respect to the new model and xwd files, Tom have you made any
   changes to copies of the files in the xerte svn pageWizards/models and
   pageWizards/en folders? I know you mentioned earlier changing the way that
   "question n of m" was handled in some of the pages. I have not noticed any
   changes to the xwd and rlm files in the pageWizards section of the svn. If
   there are changes where can I get the new version of the files as they need
   adding to the xerte build files and the XOT build files.
   2. With respect to a new xerte build am I right in assuming that we need
   to add a new "pages" folder to the xerte svn "runtime" folder. This "pages"
   folder will contain all the default files for a new "pages" project. Also
   that the runtime folder will need new folders for "php" to contain the php
   language, and "scripts" to contain the php script files that build the
   template.xwd file.
   3. With respect to the XOT build, It is my understanding that new files
   are being added directly to the trunk and that I need to add the model
   files (once the issue in 1. is sorted) to the folder
   modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/models/
   4. In addition to point 3. I need to create a new folder in
   modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/wizards/en which will contain the
   individual xwd files.
   5. I will also add the new thumbnail images to the
    modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/thumbs folder.
   6. Tom what if any php scripts will need adding to the XOT server and
   where will they be located?
   7. My knowledge of XOT is limited. Is there anything else we need to
   consider in order to be in a position where we can say to Ron that he can
   download the XOT trunk and use that to build his test server?
   8. Once we have the XOT test server up and running can we review the
   situation with the Xerte runtime so that we can get a Xerte build ready for
   testing?