[Syrphidae] syrphidae.com a critical view requested

Bastiaan Wakkie bwakkie at syrphidae.com
Tue Jan 16 15:19:45 GMT 2024

Dear all

I am wondering if the below email was received as I didn’t get any reply
and there were problems with my email server the last couple of months.
I changed some text in the mean time.

Hope to hear from you!

Kind regards,

Bastiaan

-----------------------------------

Dear all,

Below some requests:

Checklist:

I have been working hard to get the "Syrphidae checklist of the world"
more presentable with the current knowledge. (There are some weird order
problems with the subgenus and groups I am already working on). We are
nearing 7000 species! ...prove me wrong.

Can you please have a critical look at the list en spot errors and
report them back to me (including the source if aiding)? I´d like to add
sources to name changes, synonyms etc. too.

Photos:

If you have nice photos of species in their life cycle: Habitat, Egg,
Larvae, Pupa, Oviposition, Copula, Female and Male and the photo is
better than already on syrphidae.com I would love to add them. I
normally use the following format...

Xylota_jakutorum+F+BE+CCNC:Bastiaan_Wakkie.jpg

... but anything will do (even with data in spreadsheets, databases etc.).

Photos on pins, types, images etc are also welcome. I am working on
integrating all syrphidae.myspecies.info content into the website as
this website reached an end of live (e.g read-only mode). So I will be
adding specie descriptions as well.

Spelling and other errors:

My English is far from perfect, I am a little dislectic and a visual
person, so textual or any suggestions are welcome too ;-)

Projects:

If you have a Syrphidae project anywhere in the world (websites, groups,
links) and like to add it on the website I encourage you to contact me
so we can work something out.

Thanks and happy 2024/reading,

Bastiaan