[Syrphidae] FW: Call for photos and checklist of the world

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jan 4 08:53:51 GMT 2024

From: Bastiaan Wakkie <bwakkie at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2024 10:50 PM
To: hoverfly discussion list <syrphidae at lists.nottingham.ac.uk>
Subject: Call for photos and checklist of the world

Dear all,

Checklist:

I have been working hard to get the "Syrphidae checklist of the world" more presentable with the current knowledge. (There are some weird order problems with the subgenus and groups I am already working on) we are almost at 7000!

Can you please have a critical look at the list en spot errors and report them back to me (including the source)?

Photos:

If you have nice photos of species in their life cycle: Habitat, Egg, Larvae, Pupa, Oviposition, Copula, Female and Male and the photo is better than already on syrphidae.com I would love to add them. I normally use the following format: Xylota_jakutorum+F+BE+CCNC:Bastiaan_Wakkie.jpg but anything will do.

(No photos on pins for now)

Spelling and other errors:

My English is far from perfect, so suggestions are welcome.

Best respond directly to me via email bwakkie at syrphidae.com<mailto:bwakkie at syrphidae.com>

Thanks,

Bastiaan