[Syrphidae] Species needed for Taxo-Fly

Sander Bot botsander at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 11:23:49 BST 2023

Dear all,

Most of you might be aware of the EU funded project Taxo-Fly (
https://www.luomus.fi/en/taxo-fly), for which I’m responsible for
photography. We try to photograph every European hoverfly and over the last
two years we succeeded for many species. Still we have a shortlist of
species of which we have only poorly pinned material or no material at all,
see attachment.

If you were lucky this field season or you have some of the species
mentioned in the list in your collection, it would be great if we could use
them for photography. If you can help us, or have questions or comments,
please let me know.
By the end of the winter I will come back to you with for sure a much
shorter list!

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Sander Bot