[Syrphidae] Re: Assigning common names to species

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 09:36:03 BST 2022

How about the following:
Sphiximorpha petronillae: Petronilla's wasp hoverfly
Primocerioides regale:  Regal/Royal wasp hoverfly
Chalcosyrphus pannonicus:  Pannonian forest hoverfly
Chalcosyrphus jacobsoni: Jacobson's forest hoverfly
Chalcosyrphus nigripes: Black-legged forest hoverfly
Brachypalpus chrysites: Golden deadwood hoverfly

Francis