[Syrphidae] Syrphoidea symposium - X International Congress of Dipterology

ximo mengual sanchis xmengual at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:01:03 GMT 2022

Dear colleagues,

I am organizing a symposium on Syrphoidea (broad sense) at the *10th
International Congress of Dipterology*. The 10th International Congress of
Dipterology (ICDX) will be held from *16–21 July 2023 in Reno*, Nevada, USA.

The idea of this symposium is to present research on syrphids from all
different points of view, hoping to keep the large number of syrphid
presentations that we had in previous ICDs. Note that delegates must cover
their own costs and this invitation to take part of the symposium does not
represent an offer of funding to attend.

Information about the Congress and the venue is already online:
*https://dipterists.org/icdx/
<https://dipterists.org/icdx/> *
Registration will be open in January 2023, but preparation guidelines can
be found here: *https://dipterists.org/icdx/guidelines.html
<https://dipterists.org/icdx/guidelines.html> *

More information can be found here:
*https://dipterists.org/icdx/information.html
<https://dipterists.org/icdx/information.html>*

If you plan to be in Reno for the ICDX, please contact me at your earliest
convenience. I may help you to organize your talk, and this will help to
structure the symposium on Syrphoidea.

All the best!

Ximo

Dr. Ximo Mengual
Head of the Diptera Section
Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
Leibniz-Institut zur Analyse des Biodiversitätswandels
Adenauerallee 127 • 53113 Bonn, Germany

Phone: 0049 (0)228 9122 292
ZFMK web <https://www.zfmk.de/en/zfmk/ximo-mengual>
<http://entomology.si.edu/StaffPages/MengualJ.html>