[Syrphidae] Taxo Fly call for specimens ISS 11

Sander Bot botsander at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:59:29 BST 2022

Dear all,

You might have heard of Taxo-Fly by now. In this exciting EU-funded project
we are creating species fact sheets of all European hover fly species, for
more information see here: https://luomus.fi/en/taxo-fly. As part of this
project, we also need photos for all species (for examples, see the link).
For many species we have material ourselves and are able to make the
photos, or have made the photos already. For many we don’t have any
material yet, mainly the rare species. Find attached a list of species we
are looking for.

This is a call for everyone visiting Barcelonnette next month. Could you go
through the list and see what species you or your institution has in their
collection? If you have species, could you bring it, if possible, let’s say
some three individuals per species/sex, and could I get a loan for them?
Well-pinned specimens have the preference, but not well-pinned material can
be useful too, for instance when photographing detailed characters of a
specimen.
I know, I ask quite a lot but we will be very grateful for any specimen you
bring in since it will be an important contribution to the project.

If you have any questions or if you are able to contribute, let me know.

Thanks a lot for any help in advance, look forward seeing you in France,

Sander