[Syrphidae] Claussenia hispanica - Looking for recent specimens

Kevin Moran syrphidae at kevinmoran.com
Sun Aug 14 19:03:48 BST 2022

Hello all!

A request of those attending the meeting in Barcelonnette. I am looking for
a recent specimen of Claussenia hispanica (Strobl, 1909) to add this genus
to the AHE Phylogeny. It is the sole remaining Pipizine genera we have yet
to sample.

Pinned specimens are more than fine. A collection date of 2000 to 2022 is
ideal and more recent is better. Additional specimens are welcome in case
the first fails to produce enough DNA for inclusion.

See all those attending in France!

Best,
Kevin