[Syrphidae] 11th International Symposium on Syrphidae

Gabriel Neve gabriel.neve at imbe.fr
Sun Apr 10 15:18:58 BST 2022

Note :
73 of you have already preregistered, and 55 have registered so far.
As more registrations are possible, I send the announcement to this
list, as some of you may have overlooked previous announcements.

Dear fellow entomologists,

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open on
https://syrphidae11.sciencesconf.org/ for the 11th International
Symposium on Syrphidae!

The Symposium will take place from Monday 5 to Friday 9 September 2022
at the Centre Séolane (https://seolane.org/) in Barcelonnette, Alpes de
Haute Provence, France. We will welcome you on Monday 5 September 2022
from 2 pm in Marseilles or directly in Barcelonnette. The symposium will
start on Tuesday September 6th at 9 am, and will take place until
Thursday September 8 at 5 pm. A gala evening dinner is planned on
Wednesday September 7. On Friday 9th, we offer excursions led by Thomas
Lebard on several sites of the Ubaye valley, or by Benoît Geslin at the
Lake of Lauzanier. Finally, we will leave the Centre Séolane on Saturday
10 September, with the possibility of taking the bus to Marseilles at
9am.

on the following link you will find the registration fees (please note
that financial support is available for students):
https://syrphidae11.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/8

For information, the key dates are:
     • 15 March 2022: opening of early registration
     • 15 May 2022: deadline for pre-registration
     • 15 June 2022: deadline for submission of abstracts.
     • 1 July 2022: deadline for late registration.

The registration process is as follows:
- Create an account and pre-register on the azur-colloque website for
English speakers at :
   https://www.azur-colloque.fr/AMU/inscription/preinscription/184
  (or for French speakers :
https://www.azur-colloque.fr/AMU/inscription/preinscription/184/fr).
- You will receive an e-mail from no-reply at azur-colloque.fr confirming
your pre-registration.
- Please note that confirmation may take up to 72 hours.
- Follow the link provided in the e-mail to proceed to payment. Fill in
the form and pay by credit card or bank transfer.
- You will receive an e-mail from "no-reply at azur-colloque.fr" confirming
your registration.
Cash and cheques will not be accepted. Please note that NO refunds are
possible.

Below you will find information on the plenary speakers and the
provisional program. We are looking forward to this face-to-face
meeting, after the restrictions of COVID19.

Gabriel Neve,
on behalf of the local organising committee

So far, 55 delegates have registered, and more are welcome (up to 100
delegates).

The plenary speakers will be :
Myles Menz (Germany)
Augusto Leon Montoya Giraldo (Colombia)
Babak Gharali (Iran)
Roger Morris and Stuart Ball (UK)

The provisional program includes the following topics:
1.    Phylogeny, systematics and taxonomy
2.    Conservation and monitoring
3.    Faunistics and biogeography
4.    Functional and applied ecology
5.    Open topics on Syrphidae

A room equipped with ten binocular microscopes is located at Seolane,
which allows for easy organization of workshops. This facility will also
be available for informal discussions on specimen identification between
delegates.

On behalf of the local organizing committee

---
Gabriel Neve
Institut Méditerranéen de Biodiversité et d'Ecologie (IMBE)
IMBE, Case 421
UMR AMU-CNRS-IRD-Avignon Université
Facultés St Jérôme
13397 Marseille cedex 20
France
gabriel.neve at imbe.fr
http://www.imbe.fr/~gneve
We organize the 11th International Symposium on Syrphidae
Postponed to September 2022
https://syrphidae11.sciencesconf.org/
contact: syrphidae11 at sciencesconf.org