[Syrphidae] FW: Looking for digital syrphid specimens for Syrphidae ID course

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 15:16:32 GMT 2021

From: Dziock, Frank <frank.dziock at htw-dresden.de>
Sent: 23 November 2021 17:31
To: syrphidae-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk; Francis Gilbert <plzfg at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk>
Subject: Looking for digital syrphid specimens for Syrphidae ID course

Dear syrphid friends!

Because of the critical CoVId-19 situation in my part of Germany I have to teach syrphid identification for my students with online resources only.

Does anybody have any hints for an online gallery of highres photographic specimens ? The photographs should be suited to be used with the standard ID keys for Central Europe (Bartsch et al., Bot & Van de Meuter Veldgids).

Any hints or links are very welcome!

Best regards!

Frank Dziock

Studiendekan Bachelor Umweltmonitoring
Video-Sprechstunde (nur nach Anmeldung per E-Mail)
https://bbb.pillnitz.htw-dresden.de/b/fra-c9e-muh

Prof. Dr. Frank Dziock [PW 102, Alte Schmiede]
Animal Ecology
University of Applied Sciences HTW Dresden
Pillnitzer Platz 2
01326 Dresden

+49 351 462 3830