[Syrphidae] Platycheirus albimanus

Sander Bot botsander at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 07:05:10 GMT 2021

Dear all,

With a few other people I got the idea to have a better look at the
Platycheirus albimanus complex, with a focus on Southern Europe. There are
several species near albimanus of which we know not too much, it would be
nice to learn more about this group. We want to combine morphology and
molecular work.

So here is a call for people collecting in the Mediterranean or the
Pyrenees and Alps in 2021. If you collect Platycheirus albimanus or species
close to it, feel free to pin it and if you collect more, feel free to put
a few in alcohol.

Next to Platycheirus albimanus itself we are looking for Platycheirus
muelleri, Platycheirus marokkanus (both Spain and Morocco), Platycheirus
ciliatus and Platycheirus laskai.

Later we will also visit collections and ask for loans, but for now just
the call to look out for them this spring and summer. Any help will be much
appreciated. If you have any questions or for instance need alcohol tubes,
let me know.

cheers,

Sander Bot