[Syrphidae] Re: special issue of Studia dipterologica Supplement in honor of Dr F. Christian Thompson

ximo mengual sanchis xmengual at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:52:24 GMT 2021

Dear André, dear all,

this is a small clarification to André's email. The statement by André
about the lectotype designation of *Pelecocera* (now *Pseudopelecocera*)
*latifrons* is *FALSE*.

We studied the type material of *Ischyroptera annulipes* Lindner, *Pelecocera
sareptana* Enderlein, and *Pelecocera latifrons* Loew. Based on our own
research and the current evidence, we designated a lectotype for P.
latifrons. This specimens used to have a handwritten label from Chris
Thompson. But we did study the available type material ourselves. We did
not based our decision on unpublished notes as André said. In any case, we *DID
NOT* misappropriate Chris's work.

André, you should think twice before expressing (wild?) ideas and accusing
colleagues of plagiarism. Even if this was not your intention, your email
makes a false accusation on our work and disparages our research; something
that we will not tolerate.

A public apology to all the authors would be appropriate now.

Sincerely,

Ximo