[Syrphidae] Re: Sympatry in Sphaerophoria

Stefan Pruner stefanpruner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:15:29 BST 2020

Hello!

In Röder 1990 it says (not quoting here) that although hoverflies are very
mobile, they prefer staying near their larval habitat. I can imagine that
goes more for small than for large species.

I mainly find S. interrupta together with S. scripta, but found S.
shirchan, or S. taeniata in habitats where S. scripta also flew.

Stefan