[Syrphidae] Syrphidae alert

Ante Vujić ante.vujic at dbe.uns.ac.rs
Tue Jun 9 08:59:48 BST 2020

Dear all,

I would like to share with you field experience from this season in
Serbia. We have less than 50% of species usual for this time of year in
flight and most of present species are with very small populations.
Aphidofagous species are most numerous, especially Syrphus. Very low
number of Cheilosia and Merodon. This can be related to long period
without rain during spring, but still. During my 40 years experience in
field work, this is the strangest season.

Best regards,

Ante