[Syrphidae] Project - Sphaerophoria populations

ximo mengual sanchis xmengual at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:43:33 GMT 2020

Dear all,

after the great help received for the *Temnostoma *project lead by Jirka
Hadrava, I would like to ask you for some help with *Sphaerophoria*.

We are currently studying the genomics of the genus *Sphaerophoria*, and we
would love to receive some specimens from around the 'Holarctic' of the
following five species:

- *Sphaerophoria scripta*
- *Sphaerophoria* *taeniata*
- *Sphaerophoria* *virgata*
- *Sphaerophoria interrupta*
- *Sphaerophoria* *philanta *

Ideally we would need 5 to 10 specimens of each species, not necessarily
collected in the same spot on the same day. I'm sure these species are
common enough to get good numbers.

I you do not mind to help me with this project, please let me know and I
will send you some vials with ethanol for this coming season.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Ximo

Dr. Ximo Mengual
Head of the Diptera Section
Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
Leibniz-Institut für Biodiversität der Tiere
Adenauerallee 160
D-53113  Bonn, Germany
Phone: 0049 (0)228 9122 292
ZFMK web <https://www.zfmk.de/en/zfmk/ximo-mengual>