[Syrphidae] Re: Chalcosyrphus fulviventris (Bigot)

Cedric Vanappelghem cedvana at free.fr
Thu Feb 6 06:45:41 GMT 2020

Hi all,

The species is not include in the last french maps StN volume, i assume
i didn't know that the species is considered a valid, but i didn't find
the publication about the synonymy, i continue to looking for it

But it would be great to include the species in a next issue o this
maps. The discoverie of Aat have been done in the "Planete revisitée"
programm of the french natural history museum ? I'm interested to know
ithe results of your investigatin on his specimen 🙂

Lukasz do you ave more information about this data from a Polish
collection ?

Best wishes,

Cédric

Le 03/02/2020 à 22:37, w.v.steenis at casema.nl a écrit :

> Thanks Lukasz,
>
> This is an interesting picture. The Aat specimen I have here is
> totally black. The specimen in the picture has partly red sternites.
>
> I become more convinced it is a different species. Besides the colour
> difference I see obvious difference in pollinosity on the tergites
> (very little in C. piger, almost 50% of T2 and 30% of T3 in
> ‘fulviventris’). Better study might reveal other differences, I only
> have one female fulviventris and 3 (mostly old) females of C. piger.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Wouter

                              \/
                              /\