[Syrphidae] New field guide on Syrphidae!

Sander Bot botsander at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:54:30 GMT 2019

Dear all,

Last couple of years Frank Van de Meutter and I worked on a field guide to
Syrphidae of Belgium and the Netherlands. We are happy to announce that we
finished the book and upcoming January 31 the book will be published.

The book covers 384 species that occur in the region or could turn up
there. For every species there is an account including identification,
similar species and ecology, accompanied by flight diagrams and accurate
maps. But more important, every species account has detailed colour photos
from the imago and other important characters. The book is full colour, has
almost 400 pages, has a key, over 1.700 detailed macro photographs
including unseen detailed photos of eg. genitalia of Paragus,
Sphaerophoria, etc. Unfortunately for most of you the book is in Dutch, but
the scientific names will help, and even without knowing Dutch the book is
worth buying given the photos. To get an impression of the book, see
attachments or look at some sample pages here:
https://www.veldshop.nl/en/veldgids-zweefvliegen.html

I don’t mind suggesting to buy the book at my own shop:

https://www.veldshop.nl/en/veldgids-zweefvliegen.html

The price is € 34,95 only, for shipping costs to your country see:

https://www.veldshop.nl/en/service/levertijd-en-verzendkosten/

If you order, we ship right away when the book is published later this
month.

If you have any question about the book let us know.

Best wishes,

Frank Van de Meutter and Sander Bot