[Syrphidae] New request on Harris' work

Antonio Ricarte antonio.ricarte at ua.es
Sat Mar 24 17:27:56 GMT 2018

Dear all,

I'm working with Zorica Nedeljkovic on the genus Xanthogramma and we need to
check the original description of Musca anteambulo Harris, 1776: 60.
Biodiversity Heritage Library and other webs offer NOT a complete version of
Harris' work and this is why we are asking you for a PDF of the full Harris'
work. Page 60, where M. anteambulo is introduced, and the page with the plate
where this hoverfly was illustrated (if it was) would be enough for us. The
title of Harris' work is as follows:

"An exposition of English insects : with curious observations and remarks,
wherein each insect is particularly described; its parts and properties
considered; the different sexes distinguished, and the natural history
faithfully related : the whole illustrated with copper plates".

If someone has Harris' work in a private or public library, we would very much
welcome scans of the above mentioned pages.

Thanks very much in advance.
All best wishes for the syrphidologist community,
Antonio