[Syrphidae] Temnostoma project - update and request

ximo mengual sanchis xmengual at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:05:30 BST 2017

Dear friends and colleagues,

as you may remember, a few months ago I asked for your collaboration in our
*Temnostoma* project.

Our colleague Jirka Hadrava, a PhD student from Prague, would like to do a
molecular phylogeny for the genus *Temnostoma*, and we are missing several
species. Some of these species are less common in Europe, such as *T.
carens, T. sericomyiaeforme* or *T. meridionale*, and others are from
eastern Palaearctic (Japan, China, Far East).

Below you may find the list of missing species. In case you have some
recent specimen, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Ximo
Dr. Ximo Mengual
Head of the Diptera Section
Stiftung Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
Leibniz-Institut für Biodiversität der Tiere
Adenauerallee 160
D-53113  Bonn, Germany
Phone: 0049 (0)228 9122 292
ZFMK web <https://www.zfmk.de/en/zfmk/ximo-mengual>
<http://entomology.si.edu/StaffPages/MengualJ.html>
https://www.bolgermany.de/ | http://syrphidae.lifedesks.org/

*Missing species for phylogenetic work:*

*Temnostoma albostriatum, Temnostoma arciforma, Temnostoma carens,
Temnostoma flavidistriatum, Temnostoma flavifemur (bombylans), Temnostoma
jozankeanum, Temnostoma meridionale, Temnostoma nigrimanus, Temnostoma
ningshanensis, Temnostoma pauperius, Temnostoma ravicauda, Temnostoma
sericomyiaeforme, Temnostoma sibiricum, Temnostoma taiwanum, Temnostoma
tuwensis (vespiforme). *