[Syrphidae] from Frank van der Meuter

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 15 08:15:12 GMT 2016

Dear all,

I am looking for
Goeldlin de Tiefenau, P. 1976. Révision du genre Paragus (Dipt. Syrphidae) de la région
paléarctique occidentale. - Mitteilungen der Schweizerischen Entomologischen Gesellschaft 49:
79-108.

Goeldlin de Tiefenau P., 1974. - Contribution à l'étude systématique et écologique des Syrphidae (Dipt.) de la Suisse occidentale. Mitteilungen der Schweizerichen Entomologischen Gesellschaft, 47 : 151-252.

Any other usefull papers on how to ID Paragus in Central and Western Europe are also very welcome, especially the ones that include Paragus flammeus, P. bicolor, P. romanicus, P. finitimus and allies!!!

Also, I have tried several keys (Verlinden 1992,van Veen 2004) to ID females of the above species, but I it seems to me that these keys cannot satisfactory discriminate between females of P finitimus and P flammeus? Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

regards,
Frank

Dr Francis Gilbert
Professor of Ecology
Room B132, Biology Building, School of Life Sciences
University Park, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 115 951 3215
website: www.nottingham.ac.uk/~plzfg
                ecology.nottingham.ac.uk