[Syrphidae] Re: PDF request - Sommaggio 2001

Robert Żóralski robert at insects.pl
Sat Jan 9 21:25:37 GMT 2016

Hi Steven,

Depending on what you believe D. venustus is... ;)

Nothing sure base on pictures, but I do not think you show one species
under the link. I mean the last pictures of the female with yellowish
pterostigma, yellow hind tibiae and fuzzy dusting on frons is something
different the first the pair (dark males and female presented at the
beginning of the gallery).

Do you have any picture of ventral side of those specimens? Is that narrow
equally broad band (in females only) or rather triangle-like dark spots in
both sexes?

Cheers
Robert