[Syrphidae] Re: Reference on the number of species in the Syrphidae family

Robert Żóralski robert at insects.pl
Tue Jul 7 21:04:31 BST 2015

Hello,

Look here:
Haarto A, Kerppola S (2014) Checklist of the family Syrphidae (Diptera) of
Finland. In: Kahanpää J, Salmela J (Eds) Checklist of the Diptera of
Finland. ZooKeys 441: 233–249. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.441.7251

"World: 6015 species (Pape et al. 2011)
Europe: 830 species
Finland: 362 species"

or directly here:

Pape T, Blagoderov V, Mostovski MB (2011) Order Diptera Linnaeus, 1758. In:
Zhang
Z-Q (Ed) Animal biodiversity: An outline of higher-level classification and
survey of
taxonomic richness. Zootaxa 3148: 222–229.
http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2011/f/
zt03148p229.pdf

Best Regards
Robert Zoralski