[Syrphidae] Re: Our Pavel Laska died in Saturday morning.

Santos Rojo santos.rojo at ua.es
Wed Oct 1 08:34:26 BST 2014

Thanks Libor to inform us about this.

It is a very sad new to know that Pavel passed away on last Saturday.
He visit several times our lab in Alicante, and those were nice days working and speaking with both of you.

Also for us was wonderful that Pavel was a participant of the International Symposium on the Syrphidae at Alicante some years ago. As you know very well Libor, he participated in many of Syrphidae Symposium and other activities until recently. Really incredible that he was working until last days of his life.

Our condolences, and thank Pavel for all your contributions to Syrphidology and to be author of many of the important papers of our flies.

Best wishes

Santos  Rojo