[Syrphidae] Re: Introduced Syrphidae

Hoverfly discussion list syrphidae at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 15:14:25 GMT 2014

As far as I know these Syrphids are introduced species in North America. There may be others.

Family Syrphidae - Syrphid Flies
No common name, Eristalinus aeneus. From Europe
No common name, Eristalinus taeniops. From Africa, recently
No common name, Eristalis arbustorum. From Europe
Drone Fly, Eristalis tenax. From Europe, before 1874
No common name, Eumerus spp. From Europe (3 spp. introduced)
Lesser Bulb Fly, Eumerus funeralis. From Europe
Narcissus Bulb Fly, Merodon equestris. From Europe
No common name, Myatropha florea. From Europe, recently
No common name, Syritta flaviventris. From Europe, recently
No common name, Syritta pipiens. From Europe, 1800s?
No common name, Volucella bombylans. May be holarctic. From Europe

List of non-native arthropods in North America: http://bugguide.net/node/view/248891#Anchor_Dipt

Beatriz Moisset