[Syrphidae] Re: introduced Syrphidae ?

Hoverfly discussion list syrphidae at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 09:23:50 GMT 2014

Dear Kurt

I would say Merodon equestris, Cheilosia caerulescens and even Cheilosia
semifasciata are examples too. In the Netherlands at least. Maybe more
Cheilosia species like psilophthalma (Australia or New Zealand) and
albipilla or grossa (USA).

Other widespread species (non native) but maybe not introduced by human are
Syritta pipiens, Eristalinus aeneus, Eumerus tuberculatus.

Best wishes, Jeroen.