[Syrphidae] Re: The 8th International Symposium on Syrphidae 2015 - announcement

roger.morris at dsl.pipex.com roger.morris at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 24 16:01:28 BST 2013

Dear Ximo

A European venue is much to be preferred. At this stage I cannot say with any certainty whether I
will be able to attend. I have been pretty much unemployed for the past 4 years and my finances are
taking a hammering - especially as I look to have absolutely no work at all lined up for this winter
(I've managed to get enough to eek out a living for the past 4 years but not enough to fund trips
abroad).

So, my advice is book what you think will work. A venue in Germany will be reasonably attractive -
do please check whether you are talking about double or twin rooms. Double suggests sharing a bed,
twin is just sharing a room - a vast difference - I certainly don't welcome sharing a bed unless the
other occupant is female and lovely!

Best wishes

Roger