[Syrphidae] Re: ID please = Eristalinus tabanoides (Jaennicke)

Chris Thompson xelaalex at cox.net
Wed Nov 6 20:40:17 GMT 2013

All:

When you have a nice picture, like this of Eristalinus tabanoides (Jaennicke),

you should annotate it with the name of the person who took it and say that person makes it available under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. (see http://creativecommons.org/ )

That means the picture can be Freely used for Scientific and educational purpose so long as one provides proper attribution (that the person’s name and license type). This also protect the original owner from being ripped off by commercial users, etc.

The Encyclopedia of Life and others like it, require these kinds of licenses, etc.

Cheers,

Chris