[Syrphidae] Inquiry - contribution to ICD8

ximo mengual sanchis xmengual at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 18:10:24 BST 2013

Dear colleagues,

I’m organizing a small symposium on Syrphoidea (even though recent
molecular analysis does not support Pipunculidae + Syrphidae) for the 8th
International Congress of Dipterology, which will take place in Potsdam
(Germany), from August 10th to 15th 2014.

I would like to know if you are interested on giving a talk on this matter
to include you in the Syrphoidea symposium. The focus of the ICD is broad:
taxonomy, systematics, phylogenetics, natural history, but also applied
biology, conservation, and biogeography.

I think your contribution would be excellent for the Congress. Please, find
all the details here: http://www.icd8.org/  and check “Important dates”.
Please note that talks are 15 minutes including time for questions.

Please, answer this email if you are thinking on participating and let me
know your “preliminary title”. It would be great to have you there.

Please distribute this email with your colleagues that may find it
interesting.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ximo

Dr. Ximo Mengual
Head of the Diptera Section
Stiftung Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander Koenig
Leibniz-Institut für Biodiversität der Tiere
Adenauerallee 160
D-53113  Bonn, Germany
Phone: 0049 (0)228 9122 292
ZFMK web <http://www.zfmk.de/web/ZFMK_Mitarbeiter/MengualXimo/index.en.html>