[Syrphidae] Arctophila bombiformis

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon May 21 09:28:35 BST 2012

hi everyone

Thanks to all who responded to my request. If anyone else has an opinion on whether this is a strange morph of Volucella bombylans or Arctophila bombiformis, especially those who have actually seen Arctophila bombiformis in nature, then please feel free to let me know.

The photo was taken by Professor Pat Willmer on 2 Sept 2005 in her garden near St Andrews, Scotland. If it is this species, it will of course be new to Great Britain - hence the interest!

Best wishes

Francis

Dr Francis Gilbert
www.nottingham.ac.uk/~plzfg
School of Biology, University Park,
University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
(+44)(0)115 951 3215

This email is private and may be confidential.  It is intended for the recipient(s) only.  If misdirected, please notify me and confirm that it has been deleted from your system. You are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this email or any information contained in it to third parties without the permission of the originator.  Nothing contained within this email is intended to constitute or imply the basis of a contract with the recipient.  All contracts can only be entered into following signature by an authorised signatory of the University of Nottingham.