[Syrphidae] Re: Re : Re: Re : Publication of the winter of hoverflies

Łukasz Mielczarek lukasz at insects.pl
Sun Jan 29 19:33:45 GMT 2012

Dear All,

I have a male of  *Myathropa** florea* collected on the wall of monastery
at 5 April 2009 (Slovakia, *Červený Kláštor*, Pieniny Mountains, about 450
m asl, leg. Milosz Serafin). It was one of the first quite warm and
sunny spring
days. In some places  the snow cover was present.
I am convinced that this individual overwinter as adult. Maybe you have more so
early observation of *Myathropa florea*?

Best wishes,
Lukasz Mielczarek