[Syrphidae] Re: Pipizella paper

Chris Thompson xelaalex at cox.net
Wed Jan 25 16:28:12 GMT 2012

Wonderful, Jeroen:

I look forward to seeing my copy of Dipterists Digest.

Has the printed version of the journal (that is, the official ICZN version)
been distributed yet?

Sorry to be an old fashioned traditional nomenclaturalist, but ...

AND please forgive me for using your e-mail announcement to address a
serious question that DOES not relate to your recent accomplishment
directly.

We, in the flower fly community, are not the worst today (we don't have Andy
Lehrer!), but still ...

What of Christian Kassebeer's Dipteron? The last issue I have received is
2002, volume 4, issue 2.

And of Volucella, the last issue I have received is 2007, band 8.

Has any one seen anything of Sergey's Journal of Dipterological Research? I
would be greatly interested in knowing what issues you have received. My
last was 2007, volume 18, issue 1. BUT my set has many missing issues, which
some of which were never formally published. For example, the infamous
volume 6, issue 3, on pipunculids.

And years ago there was Kumar Ghorpade's Colemannia.

ALL this becomes CRITICAL now as I do hope with the support of this syrphid
community and others to finalize and publish an updated World catalog of the
flower flies in the MYIA series.

As many of you already know, I have been retired a few years. Hence, I need
to finalize various projects. So, I am trying very hard to focus on larger
ones, like my over-due revision of Nearctic Flower flies, my Costa Rican
flower fly work, and more recently with Martin Hauser, the "Mad"agascar
flower flies.

So, at least for a WORLD catalog and summary of flower fly research I do
hope you will help me. And questions like the above are what I really need
help on.

Sincerely,

Chris

from home