[Syrphidae] Re: FW: Advanced hunting behaviour or what?

Erik Sjödin erik.sjodin at knusnatur.se
Wed Aug 15 06:28:08 BST 2012

Mellinus arvensis is the most likely one and it is very common in
sandspots in my garden too, I really like watching the species when it
comes with prey. But you should not forget about Bembix rostrata
Klaus... ;-) . This is also a fly-hunter, but the species is quite
uncommon and spectaculary large.

--
N Erik Sjödin
Knus Natur