[Syrphidae] FW: Question regarding old syrphidae specimens - Scaeva lithuanica

Kumar Ghorpade blossomfly1973 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 21 08:37:59 BST 2010

Scaeva lithuanica author (??).  You will need to check Sack's or Rotheray & Thompson's Palaearctic work or Thomspon's World database to see if this species is listed (indexed ?) there at least as a synonym.
"Mihi" meanbs 'mine' in Latin and refers to the author who has written the label.  The specimens ar not properly visible to give a genus name at least.

Dr Kumar Ghorpade, B.Sc.(Agri.), M.Sc., Ph.D. (Entomol.).
Smithsonian Institution (U.S.A.) Postdoctoral Fellow (1982-1983) researching Oriental Syrphidae, Sciomyzidae and Ephydridae (Diptera).
Currently: Post-Graduate Teacher & Research Associate in Systematic Entomology, Department of Agricultural Entomology, University of Agricultural Sciences, Krishi Nagar, Dharwar 580 005, Karnataka (INDIA).
Postal address: P.O. Box 221, K.C. Park Post Office, Dharwar 580 008, INDIA.