[Syrphidae] Ask for determination of Syrphids from Papua new Guinea

ximo mengual sanchis xmengual at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:09:30 GMT 2010

Dear Libor,

as already said, they look *Graptomyza* to me laso. Here there is the known
species list for PNG that Chris made for a web site this year.

http://www.papua-insects.nl/insect%20orders/Diptera/Syrphoidea/Syrphoidea.htm

If I'm right, there are several species of *Graptomyza* in the region still
undescribed.

Cheers,

Ximo

2010/11/23 Libor Mazánek <syrphidae at centrum.cz>

>  Dear all,
> my colleague ask me for determination or if I know somebody who is able to
> determine the two specimens of Syrphidae from Papua New Guinea. Please, is
> anybody able to determine genera or species of Syrphidae on attached two
> photos? For me these flies are still too exotic.
> With best regards from the Czech Republic
> Libor Mazánek

> error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not
> attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do

> error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not
> attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do

Dr. Ximo Mengual
Department of Entomology
Smithsonian Institution
PO Box 37012, MRC-0169
Rm CE-607
Washington, D.C. 20013-7012
Phone: +1 (202) 633-1004
e-mail: mengualj at si.edu
http://entomology.si.edu/StaffPages/MengualJ.html

For FEDEX:
Smithsonian Institution
National Museum of Natural History (NHB)
Department of Entomology
10th & Constitution NW
Phone: +1 (202) 633-1004
Washington, DC 20560-0169