[Syrphidae] My Agnisyrphus revision

Chris Thompson xelaalex at cox.net
Thu May 21 12:55:24 BST 2009

Thanks, Kumar, but ...

There is one little problem with all of this, under the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature, a work must be DISTRIBUTED and IF not printed on paper a statement must be included that lists of at least 5 "major publicly accessible libraries which are identified by name in the work ITSELF." [Article 8.6]

So, it is clear you may have made an important contribution available to the people on this listserver, etc., but Colemania volume 14 has not been published in the sense of Zoological Nomenclature.

Also, note that my library is PRIVATE, not major nor publicly accessible, and until today I did not receive this version of Colemania. The earlier version was in MS Word.

This version I note was prepared with a "trial version" of pdffactory (version 3.16) and on 29 November 2008, not November 2007.

Yes, with Ximo we do plan to finish some of the things you and I started years ago. The Eosphaerophoria manuscript is almost completed and will be circulated for review soon. Ximo is now doing Citrogramma as Nigel's paper needs revision.

WHAT we really need from ALL is fresh material in ALCOHOL for DNA character analyses. What is becoming clear is that morphological characters, at least the traditional ones, are insufficiently informative to resolve higher group relationships, etc.

Sincerely