[Syrphidae] freeze desinfection of insect drawers

Frank Dziock frank.dziock at tu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 23 09:36:30 BST 2006

Dear Andrew,

thanks for the detailed and very helpful information.

We also have a freeze for down to -80 degrees here, but I do not know
whether that would be too cold? It is possible to adjust the temperature
though, but then my colleagues that have genetic material stored in the
freezer would not be amused.

I will see, whether it is possible to relocate the genetic samples and
have the temperature adjusted to -35 degrees for my material and use
that more powerful freezer for freeze-fumigation.

Thanks very much again and best wishes from Berlin,

Frank

--

Prof. Dr. Frank Dziock
Fachgebiet Biodiversitätsdynamik

Tel: 030 – 314 71368
Fax: 030 – 314 71355

http://www.tu-berlin.de/fb7/ioeb/biodiversitaet/

"God in his wisdom made the fly, and then forgot to tell us why." Ogden Nash

special issue on “Bioindication and Functional Response in Floodplain
Systems” out now!
published in International Review of Hydrobiology
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/60500251