[Syrphidae] Maggot ID

Bartsch, Hans D hans.bartsch at telia.com
Sat Oct 21 18:58:53 BST 2006

Hello,
I guess both are Volucella inanis - larvae, the second is just upside down. As Marin says they come from wasp nest above somewhere. They are ready to pupate and walk around to find a nice pupating place. During this action they probabely fell down.
Jarmo?s picture does not show pellucens (Rotheray 1993).
I got the same question in Stockholm some years ago by a friend. Grahan Rotheray solved the question for me and my friend.
Have a nice weekend
Hans Bartsch